It's been almost 2 months since 18 Lower Lonsdale businesses
planted their LifeSpace 'Shipyard Garden District' self-watering gardens!
The gardens look stunning! They are being highly noticed, enjoyed, and appreciated by the general public and our Shipyard District. Lycia and Wes from the LifeSpace team have been doing weekly visits to each garden helping to harvest, maintain the gardens, take photos, and share growing knowledge.
"People are walking by talking about how pretty it is!" - Shelley, garden champion of North Vancouver Chamber
For a majority of the gardens, its time to harvest!
Harvest SWISS CHARD
- Powdery mildew spreads more rapidly in areas of minimal sun expose.
- If cucumber leaves show signs of powdery mildew (small white spots on leaves) remove the infected leaves from the plant.
- It's crucial that these summer crops are placed in an optimal location for max sun exposure.
- This may require monitoring the sun and even changing the position of the garden at certain times of the day.
What's coming up:
First big harvest Thursday August 2, 2018 with produce going to the Harvest Project.
More gardens! The Shipyard Garden District is getting 4 new gardens permanently installed for the community to enjoy. STAY TUNED for location details!
Garden District Tuesdays on LifeSpace Instagram! Follow @lifespacegardens to be a part of the action.
COMMUNITIES THAT GROW TOGETHER - GROW TOGETHER
- From your friends at LifeSpace Gardens