How Does it Work?
In nature, the greenest most bountiful areas have one thing in common - a continuous source of groundwater. Instead of relying on the irregularity of rain, moisture is wicked up from water tables below the ground, which consistently provides plants with the optimal hydration level that allows them to thrive.
Advantages & Benefits
How-to-Install Basics - Read all steps first!
1. Prepare Location. Garden location should be level and free from any 'pointy' ground obstructions, like sharp roots or rocks.
2. Build Garden Box/Raised Bed. For ease of use with the 1ft x 1ft modular SIPs, build your garden to full-foot interior dimensions, and without interior obstructions like corner bracing/framing. Put your structure on the outside!
3. Install Foodsafe Liner. Your liner will be cut and folded to accommodate your garden's interior floor footprint and wall height/soil depth. Simply unfold like origami and staple into place around the top rim! Trim any excess if required.
4. Install Overflow. Predrilling the overflow hole before you install the liner is best-practice. It should be drilled 3" up from the floor bottom inside your garden – and ‘on center’ of the level at the top of the SIP inserts once installed.
5. Install SIPs. Click SIPs together into your garden shape, and place them down into the floor of your garden.
6. Install WaterStem. Cut out the pre-marked circular hole in any one of your SIPs – you choose which corner works best for your space - and insert the WaterStem. Add the StemCap and FloatGuage.
7. Install Soil. Use a “container blend” with peat moss or coco coir to create the ideal conditions for capillary action – the ‘sipping’ of water from the reservoir up through the soil - to continuously satisfy your thirsty plants’ roots.
8. Water...and Plant! Give the soil a proper soaking from above at first. Then plant your seeds or seedlings into their happy new home! Top water until their roots are established - so they can then be ‘self-watered’ from the reservoir below for the rest of the season. You’re growing!
For more detailed instructions and Pro-Tips, contact us and/or check the How-To-Install video above!