How it Works
In nature, the greenest most bountiful areas have one thing in common - a continuous source of groundwater. Instead of relying on the irregularity of rain, moisture is wicked up from water tables below the ground, which consistently provides plants with the optimal hydration level that allows them to thrive.
The GardenWell System allows you to create this same water wicking environment in almost any raised bed or container garden.
- Fill you garden through the WaterStem, which also doubles as a FloatGauge. This will deposit water into the hidden reservoir below the soil and beneath the GardenWells.
- As long as it's never left empty, water from the reservoir is able to naturally wick up into the soil consistently and evenly. The reservoir holds 7 liters of water per square foot of garden. Expect to fill your reservoir every 1-2 weeks.
- Your garden now has the perfect moisture level to thrive! Expect bigger yields and healthier, tastier veggies - all without the guesswork and daily task of watering.
You’ll get bigger yields, healthier plants, and a much more efficient use of water. You also won’t have to water nearly as much - with a reservoir size of 7 liters per sqft of garden space, it’s like having a rain barrel and garden in one. So instead of watering your garden everyday, even in the middle of Summer, the most you’ll be filling up the reservoir is about once a week.
Most importantly, the GardenWell system gives you the best chance at garden success. In a world of busy schedules and spontaneous events, it can be hard to keep your garden growing. GardenWells remove the guesswork, while taking a daily chore and simplifying it to a weekly or bi-weekly task. GardenWell allows you to go away in the Summer without water worries - hit the beach, or take the kids camping, then come home to a garden that is lush and ripe and ready for harvest. It’s the easiest, most rewarding way to experience the pleasure of growing your own food.
Yes it works for flowers, and roses, and bushes too!
- Your GardenWell system can be hooked up to the downspout of your house to collect water whenever it rains
- The Foodsafe Liner also doubles as a protective membrane that eliminates the chance of rot, and ensures that nothing leeches into the soil. This combination will more than double the expectant lifespan of your cedar or wood garden.
- The system is essentially mess free. Instead of making a mess everytime you water, simply fill your garden through the WaterStem, knowing that the only place water will come from is the OverFlow once the reservoir is full. The balconies below you will thank you!