LifeSpace Gardens is looking for a digital-savvy and detail-oriented App developer to join our team of edible garden educators, builders, and installers.
The primary role of the App developer will be to build out the prototype version of our current garden management app. This app helps our customers and clients identify the ideal location of their garden, plan it out with ideal spacing and timing, and then manage it throughout the year for edible garden success!
This app will allow us to transition our in-person educational services and experiences to an online platform in order to help more people successfully grow their own food.
This position is supported by the Digital Skills for Youth Program - DS4Y. Thus, applicants must be under the age of 30 and Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The ideal candidate with have:
Experience with both front end and back end frameworks for app development
- Ideal candidate has successfully developed apps on React Nativ
- Strong skills in UI/UX theory and application.
- Experience 3d modelling
- Experience veggie gardening
- Experience developing apps for the Shopify app platform
- Experience woodworking or in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a multifaceted team combining tech and trades
- Work with CEO to create and maintain app development roadmap
- Develop back end of app and front end interface
- Organize information and maintain data base
- Work with content creators to populate app
- Launch app on android/apple market places
This is a 6 month contract offering 20-40hrs per week starting at $25/hr.
Most work can be done remotely, however expect to split locations between our Head Office in North Vancouver and remotely.
Intended start date is approximately Sept. 1, 2021